B2.2

Monday, September 25, 2023

B 1: Video. The Alphabet.

Click here and enjoy the video. Then, try to fill in the blank spaces with the missing words. If you want to see those words, just select the text. 

Transcript

The Sketch Show (UK) –Learn ABC

Teacher: ABC…Now I know my ABC. Oh, hello headmaster.
Headmaster: What are you doing?
Teacher: Oh, I’m teaching them the alphabet
Headmaster: It goes like this a-b-c-d-e… Now I know my ABC, come along and sing with me.
Teacher: I never remember that.
Headmaster: It’s your job to remember.
Teacher: How does it go again?
Headmaster: A-b-c…
Teacher: That’ll do.
Headmaster: No. It won’t do. A-b-c…
Teacher: That’s the bit I struggle with. It’s too much. What about this?
A-b-c-d-e-f-g now let’s learn to count to 3. 1-2-3…
Headmaster: We aren’t doing counting, are we? What are we doing?
Teacher: Alphabet.
Headmaster: Now repeat. A-b-c…
Teacher: …H-I-J-K-EMILY-P
Headmaster: You’re saying Emily, aren’t you?
Teacher: Yes, I am.
Headmaster: It’s wrong.
Teacher: It’s too fast.
Headmaster: It’s gotta (=It has got to) be fast to rhyme.
Teacher: Oh, it’s gotta rhyme.
Headmaster: Yes.
Teacher: OK, what about (sings letters in a different order).
Headmaster: It’s gotta rhyme and be in the right order.
Teacher: You’re just picking on me now.
Headmaster: Now we’ll go again. A-b-c-d… Eyes to me.
Teacher: I wanna (I want to) go home.
Headmaster: L-m-n-o-p
(alphabet song)
Headmaster: That bell’s for me not you.
(alphabet song)
Teacher: Hey kids, before we go let’s do nursery rhymes.





No comments :

Post a Comment